Welcome to the Belmont League of Women Voters!
The League of Women Voters of Belmont is a nonpartisan group of women and men of all ages and backgrounds with the common interest of "Making Democracy Work." The League's goal is to encourage active and informed participation in government through education and advocacy.
Belmont Elections -- April 4, 2017 Learn More
- Belmont's town election will take place on Tuesday, April 4 2017 to elect town-wide officers and Town Meeting Members. Polls are open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Candidates Night -- 2017 Learn More
- Meet the candidates for Town Meeting Member and for the town-wide offices.
Monday Evening, March 20th, 2017
Chenery Middle School, 95 Washington Street
7:00 PM to 7:30 PM -- candidates for Town Meeting Member will
meet informally with voters.
7:30 PM -- Town Meeting Member candidates will be introduced in the auditorium for the benefit of those attending and the cable audience.
7:45 PM -- Candidates for town-wide offices will speak
and answer questions
This program will be covered live by our local cable television station.
Sponsored by the LWVB Voter Education Fund.
Warrant Briefings Learn More
- Get answers to your questions about the 2017 Annual Town Meeting Warrant.
WARRANT BRIEFING #1 -- Non-Financial Articles
Monday, April 24, 2017
7:30 to 10 pm
Beech Street Center, 266 Beech Street
WARRANT BRIEFING #2 -- Financial Articles
To Be Scheduled
Session #1 will mainly deal with the non-financial articles on the Warrant, while session #2 will mainly deal with financial articles.
Roy Epstein, Chair of the Warrant Committee will preside.
Co-sponsored by the Warrant Committee and
the Belmont League of Women Voters Education Fund
League Sponsored Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members, and we provide information about up-coming elections. See our Calendar for additional local and regional events of interest to our members and the voting public.
League Studies and Information Sources Learn More
- An informed public is a basic goal of the League.
Voters Guide Underway Learn More
- Fund raising to support this year's issue of the Voters Guide is underway. If you would like to contribute, click on LWVB Voter Education Fund
Belmont Budget Information for FY17 Learn More
- The budgets for Fiscal Year 2017 (July 2016 - June 2017) were discussed and approved by the June 2016 Town Meeting.
About The League of Women Voters Learn More
- What is our mission? What do we do? What is our history?
Voter Education Fund Learn More
- The League of Women Voters Education Fund conducts voter service and citizen education activities. It is a nonpartisan nonprofit public policy educational organization.
Local Elections & Government Learn More
- Who represents you? How can you contact your representatives? How can you get involved in local politics?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.